We promote the highest aspirations for our children to become self-motivated, independent learners who are well prepared for later life and thrive in modern day society.
At Greenlands we have sought to develop a curriculum that addresses, embraces and celebrates the diverse makeup of our school.
To enable this we have taken a development of skills approach.
This gives greater scope for a broad and balanced learning experience, developing the whole person with a better understanding of their place and impact in society and world, encompassing British Values and Spiritual, Moral and Cultural Aspects of learning.
What do we want the children to know and learn?
Our curriculum reflects the ambition of the National Curriculum in developing knowledge and skills. It is designed particularly to:
- develop speech language and communication,
- raise personal ambition,
- improve fine and gross motor skills,
- develop a positive sense of self and respect for others,
- give rich experiences to develop knowledge and understanding of the world
- solve problems
- promote reflection, collaboration and respect
- accurately articulate their thoughts and opinions through the proactive acquisition of technical and non-technical vocabulary.
Click here to see our Curriculum Maps
Below are each year groups overviews for this year. If you require further detail about any subject areas please speak to your child's class teacher in the first instance.
- Year 1 curriculum overview 2
- Year 2 curriculum overview
- Year 3 curriculum overview 1
- Year 4 curriculum overview 1
- Year 5 curriculum overview 1
- Year 6 curriculum overview 1
- Yearly Curriculum Coverage Year R 2020 2021
We do this through subject specific pedagogy:
Implementation of our Curriculum is below:
Wednesday 12 May 2021 Practicing our DT skills!
Tuesday 11 May 2021 Chaplin Class - Science Chaplin class are really enjoying their science topic about plants. Today’s lesson needed fantastic observational skills.
Find out more
To find out more about our curriculum please contact us