We promote the highest aspirations for our children to become self-motivated, independent learners who are well prepared for later life and thrive in modern day society.
At Greenlands we have sought to develop a curriculum that addresses, embraces and celebrates the diverse makeup of our school.
To enable this we have taken a development of skills approach.
This gives greater scope for a broad and balanced learning experience, developing the whole person with a better understanding of their place and impact in society and world, encompassing British Values and Spiritual, Moral and Cultural Aspects of learning.
What do we want the children to know and learn?
Our curriculum reflects the ambition of the National Curriculum in developing knowledge and skills. It is designed particularly to:
- develop speech language and communication,
- raise personal ambition,
- improve fine and gross motor skills,
- develop a positive sense of self and respect for others,
- give rich experiences to develop knowledge and understanding of the world
- solve problems
- promote reflection, collaboration and respect
- accurately articulate their thoughts and opinions through the proactive acquisition of technical and non-technical vocabulary.
We do this through subject specific pedagogy:
Implementation of our Curriculum is below:
Sorry, there are no current news items.
Class Curriculum Maps
- Year 1 curriculum overview 2
- Year 2 curriculum overview
- Year 3 curriculum overview 1
- Year 4 curriculum overview 1
- Year 5 curriculum overview 1
- Year 6 curriculum overview 1
- Yearly Curriculum Coverage Year R 2020 2021
Find out more
To find out more about our curriculum please contact us