We aim to tackle the growing issue of poor nutrition and obesity amongst children as well as enabling children to make informed choices to improve their physical and emotional needs.
Roots to Food
The Upper School took part in Curriculum Cooking Challenge which started with an introduction and questions/answer session on health, well-being and nutrition, mainly focusing on the Eat Well Guide.
Different cooking techniques were looked at, and the importance of breakfast, and a healthy school meal discussed. Ingredients were split into their food groups and a dish chosen for each team to produce a healthy balanced meal focusing on flavours, textures, techniques, colour and presentation.
- Enjoy the sunshine and stay safe. Follow our top tips:
- Apply sunscreen (do not forget to look at UVA stars)
- Provide a hat for added protection
- Ensure your child has a fresh bottle of water
- Seek the shade when out at the hottest time of the day
- Wear sunglasses